Bluethner op. 974, 1856

Bluethner op. 974, 1856

ca. 215 x 133 x 40 cm, ca. 220 kg

Blüthner pianos have a long and notable history. Julius Blüthner started his factory in Leipzig in 1853. By 1900 Blüthner became the largest piano factory in Germany, making more than 5000 pianos yearly. Many famous pianists such as Schumann, Liszt, Moscheles, Mahler, Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky were not only positively reported on Blüthner pianos, but also visited his factory and home.

The 1856 Blüthner piano opus 974 was restored by Paul McNulty and features 1856 «Blüthner patent mechanics».

Read more

fortepiano s.r.o. implements a project co-financed by the European Union.
Number of project: CZ.01.2.111/0.0/0.0/18_244/0016789