(about 215 cm/133cm/40cm, about 220kg)
Blüthner pianos have a long and notable history. Julius Blüthner started his factory in Leipzig in 1853. By 1900 Blüthner became the largest piano factory in Germany, making more than 5000 pianos yearly. Many famous pianists such as Schumann, Liszt, Moscheles, Mahler, Rachmaninov and Tschaikovsky were not only positively reported on Blüthner pianos, but also visited his factory and home.
The 1857 Blüthner piano opus 974 was restored by Paul McNulty and features 1856 «Blüthner patent mechanics».